Thursday, July 31, 2008

This was my last chance to improve July's numbers..

I decided to hit a different portion of beach today in an effort to improve my July numbers. Stuck it out about an hour and a half without hardly a peep from my detector. Headed south, back to an area the usually shows a bit more erosion. Worked real hard at it but no gold or silver again. The last hole I hit had quite a few targets but it was almost two hours after low tide and I was getting beat up pretty bad. Finally packed it in. Last hunt of July.

At least the last hole gave me a good place to start tomorrow. I want to say that July was poor but it still was better than any of my months totals for last year when I hunted the beach. July was just poor in comparision to April, May and June. And the big reason was Hurricane Bertha and the tropical depression that came up the East Coast. Both of these storms added huge amounts of sand to the beach. I had a nine day stretch without any gold rings. That hurt Julys totals.

No comments: