Thursday, September 3, 2009

Ring Daddy #28

Couldn't sleep last night so I went detecting for about 2.5 hours this morning, 2-4:30 a.m. The sky was deep black with clouds and the breeze was out of the NE.

When I got out there I could see where someone had already hit the area, quite a few holes. Now, I usually don't pay too much attention to such things but this caught my eye. The person gridded the area exactly like I would have...the grid lines were exactly the same spacing as mine. Then I noticed that the drag mark was exactly like mine, from a larger scoop. I felt like I was following me. I could not see another detectorist on the beach. My clone was out there. He's out there in the darkest of night, walking zombie-like, swinging and digging all the gold before I get there.
Got about the same amount of coins that I have been getting. Also got a mood ring and a kids ring that has light blue and yellow rubber diamonds.
This afternoon I tried a bit further from the campground.

Everything I've been finding is on the top 1/3 of the beach. Not my favorite place to hunt...but there are targets so you go with the flow.

I was out there about an hour and a half when I see Gene Patrick coming down the beach swinging his Sov. We stop and chat. He shows me a small white gold ring with a blue stone and then he takes off. I swing about three times and get a low pulltabby signal. Bam, out comes this nice little gold ring. I yell at Gene and hold up one finger. He nods and keeps getting it.


After I beat up this little section of beach I go to Taco Bell, get something to eat and some tea. I'm feeling better so I head further north and detect for another couple of hours. Lots of coins and one ear ring. Here's the mess. 104 targets, $6.60 in change in about four and a half hours.
When I dig the upper 1/3 of the beach I know it will be mainly coins but somewhere in that mess is usually a gold ring. Sometimes you have to dig a couple hundred coins before you get one. Keep swinging!

No comments: