Monday, March 2, 2009

Gold Ring #1 on a cold, cold day

I don't know if the temperature got to 40 today. It's been a few days since I went detecting. The beach is still terribly sanded in. I've been very discouraged every time I go out. Pennies and pulltabs are what I normally bring back. It has been at least a month since I found more than one dollar in change.

Even today it took a long walk before I got into an area with a few targets. Found at least 35 pulltabs today. Also, 59 cents and finally my first gold ring of the year. I wonder how many hours of detecting it has been since I found my last ring on Dec. 26th. Way over one hundred.

Also found a rare blue pulltab and a sharks tooth. I might put the blue pulltab on Ebay.
How do you like my three pieces of paper light box?
Definitely not very big. Will not even go to the first joint on my pinkie. 1.9 grams There are 3 itty bitty diamonds on each side of the star diamond.
Man, we need some wind. I hope this is not how the whole year goes. Diana tells me to be grateful, so I'll shut up now.

No comments: