Saturday, March 7, 2009

Weird Day, Large Sand Flea and Ring Daddy #2

Yesterday morning I met the sunrise and got this picture.

This morning I headed for the beach with a sliver of hope. There was some wind yesterday so it brought my spirits up to about a two on a scale of ten.
The beach is terrribly, mega sanded in. Everyday I go out it looks like more sand has come in. And there are no holes in the surf.
I am over winter. Done with it. Don't care one twit about seeing anymore cold.
This morning was gorgeous; high fifties, maybe low sixties and sunny. Lots of people on the beach today. Many come down just for the weekend when it's nice weather.

After about a quarter mile of swinging I found my first target, a kids car...deep. Another half a mile of swinging and I finally get a signal. I didn't pay too much attention to the signal, just a mid-tone. I kick the sand around and spot this silver ring. No way! As I picked it up I knew from the heft, the weight, that it was gold. Two targets in 3/4 of a mile and one is a gold ring. Go figure! Well there were a few coins and I ended up with 17 cents, seven pennies and one dime. I only got one pulltab today. Amazing!! I have been averaging way over twenty pulltabs everytime I go out.
While digging one of the holes a sand flea rolled out of the sand. This had to be the largest sand flea I have ever seen. A monster sand flea. Probably works out and uses steroids. An inch and a half long. He looked disoriented so I picked him up and put him back in the hole and put the sand back on him. It must be hell to live under the sand all your life. I wonder how the economy is down there.

1 comment:

David Lemley said...

Nice pictures Jim and congrats on your ring #2