Friday, April 24, 2009

A little more gold today...

Finally it is starting to warm up!! Dadgum longest winter I can remember! 6 months of winter is way, way too long!! And everybody on earth knows about the fire in MB. I'm Fine!! Now leave me alone!!

Was out in the sun and water for about 3.5 hours. The water is still cold enough that it takes your breath away when it hits you above the waist. But some folks are finally getting in. Pretty good crowd on the beach today. Supposed to be a super weekend.

Found one area with some signals and got everything there.

Started throwing my coins in the tumbler and then remembered that I had found this chain. Sure didn't look like gold...but it had the right feel as far as weight.
Went and used the toothbrush and toothpaste on a section of it and it cleaned up nice. You can see the clean part to the left of the scale. 7.4 grams The end link says 14K, Italy.
Almost got a gold ring today. Three guys were throwing a football and actin a fool. One makes a crazy dive for the ball and hits the sand. A couple of seconds later they asked me to help them find the guys wedding band. Started gridding where I saw him hit and wasn't coming up with it. Then one of the guys spotted it off to the side. It got flung quite a ways from where he hit. I was glad to see him get it back.
That diamond ring Dan SJ found is magnificent. Someday....someday....

No comments: