Saturday, April 18, 2009

Ring Daddy #5 and a little bonus...

Went to Banner Elk, NC. yesterday. Six and a half hour drive from MB. Total of 13 hours driving yesterday. I was whipped!
Checked the tide time this morning and out the door I went. Cold! Not cool. Cold. This seems like the longest winter ever!!
Wore my swim trunks so I could get in the water and my sweatshirt. At first I was too cold. But the sun popped up and soon I was just right.
Found a little runnel with some small holes. Waded in and found a few targets...only a few. Moved down the beach staying in the water and finally got a mid-tone.

Ring Daddy #5 for the year.


The next signal was the silver ring and on the way back up the runnel I got the bonus, 14K ear ring. 1.2 grams.


Ended up getting way too hot. Amazing how you can freeze to death and a few hours later, roast.
The water is starting to warm up. Six more weeks and even Mom and Dad will be in the water.
All in all a very good morning.

1 comment:

David Lemley said...

Looks like you had a great day Jim congrats