Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Shocking! and Ring Daddy #7

Good Golly Miss Molly has detecting been horrible!!! The beach is mega-sanded in. I was hoping that the Memorial Day crowd would liven things up with a few new drops.

But the crowd never materialized. Saturday there was a fair crowd, about like we had here on Easter weekend. Sunday was sparce, and Memorial day was "shocking". I didn't say that, another metal detectorist said that.

In fact I was so disgusted after yesterdays thirty cents that I told myself I was not going out until we got some wind.
But I found myself grumbling and had too much energy not to detect, so out the door I went.

I hit a stretch of beach that used to be very good. It is now so sanded in that the pier only has six pilings still in the water at the end. 90% of the pier is out of the water. Shocking.

Definitely no people at MB. You look up at these 100 room motels and see one or two rooms where the door is open or there is towels on the rail.

I got over a dollar today. Three quarters. Man, I was lucky to break a dollar. $1.34

Here is the mess. Better get Maaco! Got two 50 Caliber bullets and two sharks teeth. The one sharks tooth is quite large but really beat up.
On this section of beach there was only one motel that had a small crowd in front of it. I decided that it probably had a good crowd over the Memorial Day weekend and felt like it was the only chance to find that needle in a haystack.
I beat up the area in front of this motel for at least two hours and finally this ring popped out.
My first gold ring in almost a month. And I detect almost everyday. It was the 27th of April when I found my last gold ring. Three and a half hours total time today.
The renourishment has really killed MB. And now the economy is really hurting this city. I might get a four wheel drive and give Ghost Town Tours.

No comments: