Saturday, May 30, 2009

More Blah Blah Blah and Ring Daddy #9, #10 & #11

Yesterday afternoon the wind was blowing hard and I tried a section of beach that actually had some people on it. I found three pieces of can in an hour and a half.

This morning I dragged my poor body out of bed a bit after five and injected some coffee intravenously.

At 6:02 I pulled into the parking lot near blah blah blah. There was a cloud bank and the sky yellowed and oranged and it took a while for the sun to make its appearence. My third or fourth target right at the water line was gold ring #1 for the day.



OK the pressure is off. I wade into the small depressions and work the bottom of the beach. At 6:45 I dig my second gold ring. It was just above the hole I worked a couple of days ago and got the gold class ring.
Now, I start to do the math. Let's see, two gold rings every 45 minutes and I have to be back to the parking lot by 9:00. I should end up with at least six gold rings by 9:00.
The clouds moved in and at one point I thought maybe we'd get some rain.
Quite a few coins and cars today. Here is the mess.
At 8:15 I got a nice sounding target and out pops #3 for the morning.
It says 585 and Titan. I am 95% sure it is gold and ?? titanium??maybe. 14 K is 583.3. This is 585. It has the weight of gold. I will have it checked but for now I say it is gold.
I hurried back to the parking lot and took my hard earned quarters out of my pouch and fed the meter to give me another hour and a half.
I went south and found gobs of pulltabs. Also, the digger. Pretty nice digger.
Four plus hours and my best day of detecting this year. Low tide is 7:36 this evening. I will be back at blah blah blah trying to add #4 for the day.

No comments: