Thursday, June 11, 2009

Ring Daddy #13 and a little perspective

Hit the beach about 4:30 A.M. this morning. Quite a few people wandering the beach at 4:30. Tried to avoid them as much as possible. I did not take my camera and was kind of kicking myself because the clouds looked like they might give an outstanding sunrise. Worked basically the same area as yesterday. Detected about a mile down the beach and was almost back to where I started when this lightweight gold wedding band showed up.
Here is the mess for this morning. Just under three hours of scanning the beach.
Yesterday, I got a little bit of perspective. I was detecting and not finding much and kind of in a funk, cussing the renourishment and how sanded in it was and...then I spotted her. At first I was not sure exactly what I was looking at. Maybe the young lady was turned at a wrong angle...and then I realized this young lady with the smile had no arms. She waded out of the surf and walked up the beach. She was enjoying the day and the beach and what she had.
I detected past her and then in a couple of minutes looked back. There she was, walking down the slope with a plastic shovel held with the toes of her right foot. She taking a child a plastic shovel.
We can sure get all caught up in ourselves and how life isn't treating us right. Sometimes it takes a woman carrying a shovel with her foot to make us appreciate what we have.

No comments: