Thursday, June 18, 2009

Ring Daddy #14

No trash picture today. I mixed yesterday mornings hunt trash with yesterday evenings trash and they had babies.

Jason from Tenn. is down and swinging hard...every low tide and yesterday morning he got a nice ladies gold ring.

Jason has a new Whites Dual Field PI that he let me use yesterday morning. The waves were big smashers; make Jim suffer waves. But I had to try the PI so I waded in to get slapped around. There were some holes but they weren't deep enough and I waded around listening to the sound of each wave coming through. This is very annoying. I am not sure how to set the dials to eliminate or at least lessen the wooOOOOoooo noise of each wave.

I was out of town for a few days and when I got back I see that the beach is more sanded in than when I left. Someday I will go out to the beach and it will be a desert of sand for as far as I can see. It will happen.

Low tide last night was nine something. Went out in the failing light and gridded in front of the blah, blah motel. This is a huge motel.

My Excaliber is still not back from Minelab so I was using the Sov on the beach. Down and back, down and back. I was picking up a few coins and strangely enough, no pull tabs

After an hour and a half I got a signal, a brash, healthy, here I am signal, much too big a signal for anything good. I dug it and kicked the sand. Even in the dim light I could make out the gold roundness.
I should have quit when I found the wedding band but gold makes you crazy so I had to keep swinging for another hour.
If someone knows how to set the PI to eliminate the woooOOOOoooo I would appreciate the input. Thanks, Jim

No comments: