Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Ring Daddy #12 and the 4 A.M. Assault on the beach

Two o'clock this morning MB had a major thunderstorm. It seemed as though it was a continuous rumble and lightning for two solid hours. I got up and did some writing, wondering when the lightning would transform my computer into mush. Just before 4:00 the storm quit. I checked the radar on the weather channel and it looked like clear sailing.

Oh, heck fire, I might as well go detecting. I ate a bowl of cereal with yogurt and headed out the door.

I got to a nearby beach, parked and headed into the darkness. When I got a ways down the beach my stomach started to grumble and then I started having the urge. I tried to work through it but the urges kept getting stronger. I thought I might have to dig a hole in the beach.
Finally, I quit and headed for the car. Walking seemed to awaken the urges. At last I got to the car and headed home. Now, of course, the urges went away. Dadgum.
I got a quarter and a dime on the upper beach between bouts of gritting my teeth.

This afternoon I stayed close to home and detected.
Lots of high school, college kids, and finally it seems like the families have made their way to MB.
Fairly good crowd and I was actually finding a few targets.

My Excaliber is in Las Vegas and so I was hitting the lower beach and shallow water with the Sov.

Nice breeze, little bit of cloud cover; a really nice day.

Here is the mess. This is three hours of swinging.

About a mile down the beach from where I started I got an iffy, crackly signal. It was this 10K ring. Now, why would this ring give me such a s0-so signal? I almost passed on this one.

Someone needs to write a guidebook, "Public Bathrooms and Porta Jons at Americas Favorite Beaches". I would buy a copy.

No comments: