Friday, July 10, 2009

Cool morning in July and gold

Yesterday I hunted early morning and late afternoon for a total of seven hours. I dug 123 targets for $11.07 and a silver chain.

I had to flog myself to get out of bed this morning but I was on the beach by 6:00. The past three mornings have been something almost fall-like. Cool with a nice breeze. Wow. This does not feel like summer mornings. I actually had to find a blanket last night.
What a delight to be out when it is just a tad cool, watching the sun pink up the horizon and then witness the red-orange ball climb into the sky.

Dig, dig, dig. 82 targets this morning...oops...84 targets. I threw a couple of cans up onto the upper beach where the beach machine could eat-em-up.
Somewhere in the three hours this morning I got an almost nothing signal. Scratchy, gnarly, just a bit of something there, should I dig it or should I not dig it. I did not hear any null so I dug it. One scoop and the signal was out of the sand. I had to kick the sand around a bit before I saw Jesus. 14K 2.8 grams
I went to all metal and tried to find the chain but like most of the time I did not find the chain.
All of the targets are on the upper beach just below the dry sand area. There must have been some erosion on the upper beach last week while I was in NC.
I'll be back out there this evening.

1 comment:

David Lemley said...

That is really a nice cross Jim congrats I like it