Sunday, July 12, 2009

Ring Daddy #16 and #17....long day

Hit a beach south of MB this morning at 6:00. Detected there till about 8:30 and then went even further south to Pawleys Island. OMG. Pawleys Island is severly sanded in. Detected for a while and was about to leave when a man asked if I would look for a bracelet his wife had lost. He promised me $25 for the search. I hunted the area for almost an hour and did not find the bracelet. Bummer. The guy tried to give me the $25 and I took the five and handed him back the twenty. Total for four and a half hours was $4.38 and the five for the search.

I noticed that gas was $2.21 in Surfside and $2.49 in MB. Can you say gouge the tourist?

This afternoon I stayed close to home. When I walked out on the beach I noticed that the hump at the low tide line had almost disappeared, so I started hunting down low for a change.

The wind was blowing hard out of the south. Kind of fun watching people chase their hats.

Within about 15 minutes I got another should I dig it signal, similiar to the cross signal I got a couple of days ago. Out came the first gold ring of the day. Very low tone. I believe the diamonds are real.

Kept swinging at the low tide line and after about an hour another gold ring pops out.


Thought I should check out a motel a few blocks down the beach and spent some time there and this silver ring showed up. I thought maybe it was white gold but it is 925. I don't see very many silver rings engraved with their names and an inscription.


Here is the mess for the three hours of swinging this afternoon. Dug the can at 2' easy...it wasn't exactly easy. Oh yeah, there is also a silver necklace in the pic. $2.26 in change and a real nice batch of pulltabs.


Maybe this hard south wind will help things. I'll be there in the morning.

No comments: