Thursday, July 30, 2009

Ring Daddy #19 and #20

I have been helping my girlfriend, Diana, work on her house in NC. The place is close to a lake that has two swim areas. I snuck away before the sun cleared the trees. The first swim area was disappointing to say the least. Either it does not get used much or someone has been hitting it pretty hard. And lots of trash...pull tabs and bottle caps. But if there are lots of pull tabs I don't think it is being detected

The second swim area was full of targets. In two hours I found $6.97 in change and this small gold ring. Ring Daddy #19.

This swim area was full of bottle cap nulls. There has to be another gold ring in this mess...but I am back in Myrtle Beach and may not get back to that swim area.

Last night was my fourth low tide assault at Myrtle Beach since I got back. I hunted an area that I don't particularly like because it never seems to give up a decent ring...just low class gold rings. Having gone three low tides and still no gold I was ready to try this spot out of desperation.

The rain and thunder had pulled away and as I put the headphones on I noticed a nice rainbow out to sea. I began swinging at 7:00. The beach was full of people enjoying the evening after the rain. I was surprised at the number of targets. Darkness began to take the day and I had to kick the sand around more to separate the targets. At one point I got a nice little signal and began digging...and digging and digging. I was becoming part of the hole and I finally had to let it go. But it bugged me. Since I was gridding I returned to the spot in about twenty minutes and resumed my ditch digging. At last a cell phone came out. Dadgum!! I now hate cell phones as bad as cans. The breeze was out of the SW and the number of people walking and playing on the beach in the dark seemed to increase. Heat lightning worked through the clouds where the sea joined the night sky and I had a few falses from the far away electricity. At 11:00 I took the headphones off and slogged up the beach to the car. In four hours I got $6.36 in change , two silver rings, two silver ear rings, one silver St. Cristopher medalion, one gold wedding band and the key to a BMW. An excellent night! Ring Daddy #20.



Here is the mess from last night.


This morning was nothing close to last night. I knew as soon as I walked onto the beach that it had filled in during the one high tide. I did enjoy the morning but targets were rare and I did not get one piece of jewelry in three hours.
We need some wind and waves.
I'm going to have to take a shower sometime this week. Getting kind of gamey.

No comments: