Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Ring Daddy #18 and a pouch full of disappointments

Long day. At 4:45 I was on the beach. Heat lightning was flashing in the clouds at the horizon. Amazing how quick the lightning would flash and I would register the false in the headphones. No thunder, just flashbulb lightning showing the vivid white clouds for an instant. I hunted hard this morning and found very little...maybe a dollar in change. Went down the road and tried another spot and it was just as bad. One dime.

Went and did my laundry and someone stole my laundry basket. Amazing that people will steal a five dollar item knowing that they could get beat up. This is the second laundry basket I have had stolen.

Forgot to put the battery on the charger and stuck it on for about an hour.

Headed north this evening. Found the gold colored bracelet first and then about ten minutes later I found the gold colored ear ring. I was getting pretty excited and then the battery quit and I had to walk back to the car and get the battery you stick AA's in. Mutter, mutter, mutter. Found a spot with quite a few coins and was beating it up when the silver colored ring showed up. Felt heavy, thought it might be white gold (It wasn't).

Stayed close to where I found the silver ring and finally a real gold ring showed up.

Here is the mess.

I picked up the Heinz bottle buried half in the sand. The big beach rake would run over it and crushed it and then there would be glass on the beach and I would cut myself and my foot would get infected and then I would get gangreen and then it would go up my leg and they would have to amputate me at the belly button. So I picked it up.

Here is the gold ring. One of the diamonds is missing. Reminds me of a person with a front tooth missing.


Went to Taco Bell to celebrate and they gave me a cheesy rice burrito instead of a chicken burrito.

I'll be out there in the morning.

No comments: