Friday, July 31, 2009

Ring Daddy #21

Low tide was at 10 so I was on the beach by 8. Good strong breeze out of the SW. Hope it continues to blow today.
Hunted a bit to the north today. Just because.

As I stood on the top of the beach I noticed a huge difference in beach in just a few blocks. To the south the beach sloped down and then was flat. To the north the beach sloped down to a runnel and then was humped up before finally dropping off into the low tide ocean. I went south.

I got out in front of one of the motels that has been a favorite spot of mine. One of my nicest rings came from out in front of this motel. I began to grid and started to find a few targets, most were about 2/3 of the way down the beach. At last I got a nice somber whole low tone. I said, "That's a gold ring." I was visualizing a thin gold band with a nice diamond. I was half right.

The sound of this gold ring is the same as half a pull tab. We have all found half a pull tab. What a nice sound! You have to wonder about the person that not only has to tear the pull tab from the can but has to then torture the poor pull tab until it breaks in two.

I found a nice silver ear ring a bit later. Then the beach seemed to get hot. And I was getting thirsty and I had forgotten my water bottle. I felt like I was left to die in the Mojave Desert. I barely made it to the car and the water bottle. I filled the water bottle and put it on my army belt. It weighed too much and started to pull down my swim trunks. I kept having to pull up the belt and trunks. I drank the water to lighten the bottle. Then I got this tiny wisp of a signal. And the digging began. After twelve or fourteen huge scoops of sand this monster brass thing comes out of the beach. What the heck is it!! And what is it doing on the beach?

I also found a piece of plumbing. Add the brass thing and then my belt really wanted to pull down my swim trunks. I headed for the car and to taco bell for lunch. On the way back to the campground I decided to hit one more spot. I got silver bracelet just before I looked up and saw a wall of water coming down the beach. I ran for the car in the rain.

Four plus hours. Here's the mess.

Today I also found two 50 caliber shells and one 50 caliber bullet. I may try to sell them at the flea market for two bucks a piece. I've found a bunch of these since the renourishment. These are from when there was a target range at MB during WWII. The sign will read, "Buy a Piece of Myrtle Beach History". I may make up a sheet that states that it was found after the renourishment and was likely on the ocean floor for the past sixy five years.

No comments: