Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The end is near.....

Today they started the dredge and began putting the new black sand onto the beach. Always in the background you could hear the heavy equipment. The ocean is a filthy dirt dark gray. Visibility is one, maybe two inches. Thousands of underwater worms (at first I thought they might be octopi arms) were thrown onto the beach.


Sunshine and 80's. I got too hot in my wetsuit. The new moon tide and no wind made it almost a pleasure to be in a moderately calm ocean.


I was in the water before twelve and stayed until a little after four. At first I was not in the right area but when I did get situated there were lots of targets. 61 coins. $9.93 in change.


Phil from Conn. is down this week and I could see him water hunting in the next hole down the beach.


I cannot for the life of me, find a gold ring. I did get a gold chain, for which I am grateful.


The gold chain had a nice soft sound. I kind of go on alert when I get this type of sound. 10K, 15.1 grams.





Phil found a nice gold wedding band.


It is going to be very interesting to see how the new sand affects the water hunting. Will the sandbar move out further? All kinds of possibilities come to mind. Who knows??

No comments: