Friday, October 10, 2008

Holy Crapanium!!! And the Scoop Thief!!

Dadgum!! The last gold ring I found was twelve days ago. That is at least forty hours of detecting since the last gold ring. Yesterday I got three junk rings and today I got two silver and another crapanium class ring. That is the third crapanium class ring in the last two or three weeks.
Yesterdays finds.
Todays finds
Holy Crapanium!!! I am starting to hate class rings!!!!
At least I've had a couple of holes to work the last few days. But the conditions have been miserable. Huge waves and lots of current. Today I stepped down into a spot with heavy current and it yanked my sunspot scoop out of my hand. I thought...no problem. The wood handle will stand up and I will just grab it. Then I saw the scoop for a second and it was ten feet down the current and then a wave covered it. I raced down current, realizing that it might not stop until it got to the middle of the Atlantic. The handle showed again and I stepped on the scoop. I was lucky I didn't cut myself. I retrieved it at least twenty feet from where the current thief tried to rob me.
The water has cooled and now I am in my wetsuit everyday. There are a few people in the water, very few. At least the jellyfish have seemed to disappeared. Thank Goodness!!

No comments: