Saturday, October 18, 2008

Ring Daddy #97.....it was cold out there!!

Dadgum, it was cold today. That blast of arctic air really hit home. Mid to upper 50s today. I wore my shorty and wish I had wore my farmer john with it.
Headed north and tried the spot I got the ring yesterday. It was more sanded in. Ran into Phil and Walter. Phil was swinging the beach and will go home tomorrow. Walter was in the water when I got to the beach. He is from New York and will leave tomorrow also.

I told Walter I was moving further north. He decided to move also. When you do this you always wonder if you have made the right decision.

At the new spot we both waded around until we started getting some targets. He found a spot and was a digging machine. I waded north and finally picked up a few quarters. Then a cell phone. Then a deeeep sinker. The waves are starting to get big. Sunset was at 6:37 and I was starting to get chilled. What the heck...a big ol ring. Tungsten Carbide. The very next signal I pull out the gold wedding band. 10K.

I trudge down the beach and Walter is still in the water. Walter picked up a silver ring and was happy.

Normally I show all the junk but it is dark out and I like natural lighting for the photo.

Here is the two rings.
And here is the one that I was looking for. I went to Taco Bell to celebrate. Eeehaa!!!

1 comment:

David Lemley said...

You have a great blog going Jim congrats on all your supper finds.
David from Suffolk