Friday, October 17, 2008

Ring Daddy #96 and tumbling rings...

Another day in the low 80s. Still decided against the wetsuit today. I ended up a bit cold late in the day. It will be wetsuit weather this weekend as we get into the 40's at night. I started on the south end and quickly moved north. Not a really great hole but at least a hole.
Quite a few green coins and finally that soft low sound we want to hear.
Here is the prize!!
OK, I am lazy when it comes to cleaning my silver rings. Real lazy. I usually just throw them in the box and then eventually send them off to the refinery.
Yesterday I found three silver rings...two that were large.
This morning I was tumbling some silver clad coins and thought "what the heck". I threw both black rings in with the coins. I covered the coins and in this case the rings with water and added a dollop of ammonia. Two hours of tumbling and voila!!!

No comments: