Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.....Ring Daddy #98

Wow, the beach is really a mess. I opted for the surf but the hole I was in yesterday was taken by a surf fisherman. I don't think he would like me wading through his hole. Met a couple of detectorists from Lincolnton, NC. Had a great chat. They found very little on the beach.
I jumped in the water and promptly found very little.
Finally packed it in and moved north. The spot that I had last found some targets in the area was also taken by a surf fisherman. Waded around and found very few targets for about and hour and a half. I just can't seem to find a hole to work.

Oh well, some days are like that. I waded in to shore, started out of the water and got a signal. Out pops this gold ring. Unreal!!! I swung the beach all the way back to the car, about three quarters of a mile and only got one pulltab. Explain how you can swing for three quarters of a mile and get one pulltab and one gold ring. It doesn't make any sense. None.

Total of two quarters and one dime in four hours. Also found a 12 mm socket.


Here is the ring. Pretty lightweight. 3.6 grams


And here is the reason it is so light.



1 comment:

David Lemley said...

Still a nice gold ring