Sunday, October 5, 2008

The beach is deader that four hells...

The beach is sanded in. I found eleven cents in an hour and a half today. MB is massively sanded in. Nature brought in the sand on the winds of Hanna. And now the wait begins. Will any erosion take place before the forty million dollars worth of sand is added to the sanded in beach? For those of you who have never seen how they put sand on the beach it is quite a trick. They set up a dredge out in the ocean over a sand deposit, suck it up and send it through a tube to the beach. Then it gets spread around.
This is the end of the tube on the beach.

Here is a better view of the end of the tube and the dredging platform in the background. The guy standing on the tube is throwing a cast net for bait fish.


And lastly, here is a better pic of the dredging platform.
I should be really upset at this turn of events but since the beach is already sanded in, it really doesn't matter. This may actually change where the sandbar is located and maybe open up some water detecting that is normally under the sandbar.
Isn't hope wonderful? You go out the door with high, up in the sky hopes, and then reality pulls you down with an eleven cent day.
I think I am taking tomorrow off. I may do some writing and walk the beach and pick up some sharks teeth. I will laugh at the folly of it all and enjoy the crispness of the morning and the gentle north breeze in the afternoon. I will watch the sandfleas burrow in the sand, their little butts just visible as they disappear into the sand. I hope to see the pelicans soaring in the waves. And maybe I will just walk to be walking. A day without purpose...that's my goal.

No comments: