Sunday, September 21, 2008

Ring Daddy #90, 91 and 92....a Nice One!!

Last night I headed north in my VW to hunt the beach with the peat bottom. I was not really looking forward to this but when nothing else is working you do what needs to be done. I hate driving to hunt. I love riding my bike but this was quite a few miles from the house. At least the parking is free now. It is cloudy and overcast and the waves are large. I switch on the Excaliber and swing down the beach for twenty feet and get a signal. A young man and three boys are watching me dig. I kick the sand around and this pops out.
The young guy sees it before I can grab it. I hurry away with my prize. One of the kids runs after me and ask if I found a gold ring. I lie to him and tell him no. I swing down the beach and some coins start to pop out. Hmmmm. This might be OK. I might not get in the water and dig peat. I start to grid the beach, concentrating on keeping my coil close to the sand. After about an hour and a half this little wedding band shows up. Excellent!!
After four hours I am hungry and tired and hungry. I celebrate at Taco Bell!! Eeeha Baby!!
Here is the mess. $4.10 in change. The night before I got less than a dollar.
3:57 A.M. I glance at the alarm clock. Time to get up and get it!! I brew coffee and then I am out the door. There is gold to find! I head for the same area as last night. I park in a different lot which puts me in a bit different spot on the beach. It is dark. Once again there are coins and pulltabs and I can almost see with the lights from the motels to find my targets. I just keep kicking the target around tell it is the only thing left. Tenth target and the pulltab does not come out with one scoop. I scoop again and then feel through the sand for....what's this?? The motel light gleams off the ring. I turn and wash it off in the waves. Hooweee Baby!!!
I put it down in my swimming shorts pocket. I keep checking to see if it is still there. I am nervous about losing it. What if I move the wrong way and it falls out of my pocket? What if it wears a hole in my pocket? What if....Shut Up and get back to digging!!
About an hour later I get a looow signal. Say low as low as you can. Yep, that's it and the gold colored ring next to the sparkler shows up. I am confident I have gold #2 for the morning. After four hours I have to go to the bathroom. Time to leave. I hurry to McDonalds. I sure am glad no one was in the stall. I would've had to pull them out of there.
Here is the mess for this morning.
Gold ring #2 is Stainless Steel. Sure sounded and looked good.
Pretty nice sharks tooth but it doesn't have a good gumline. You know where I will be this evening.

No comments: