Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Ring Daddy #93 and sharing with the Pip....

Last night was not good. Less than a dollar in change. This morning I decided to drive up to Peat Beach and meet the sunrise. As I got swinging down the beach a small sandpiper decided to become my companion. I would dig a hole for a target and when I was finished the Pip would run in and check out the filled in hole and the pushed around sand. I was uncovering quite a few sand fleas this morning and I suppose that is what he was after. This little Pip was brave, standing within five or six feet of me while I dug. If I remember correctly from Biology class this is what is called a symbiotic relationship. I do the work and the sandpiper gets the sand fleas. He followed me for quite some time. At one point, when it was a while between signals, he stood off and gave me a dirty look. I swear he did. Eventually he disappeared.
I went high on one of my grid lines and out popped a class ring. Alrighty!! I'm in the money, I'm in the money....
Of course, when I got it to the house and put it under the magnifying glass there was no marking and some rust on it.
Then I went low on one of my grid lines and picked up the small gold wedding band.
I ended up with $4.08 in change, one gold ring, a nice sharks tooth and my new friend, Pip.

No comments: