Sunday, September 14, 2008

Two gold rings and "No Swimming"...

I've only gotten one gold ring in 17 days of hunting almost everyday and sometimes both low tides. Hanna added sand to the beach and surf here in MB, so I was not looking for anything from the beach today. Tried a different spot....just because. Right away I see a dark spot in the surf and wade in. There is some current running in the hole but there are a few targets. Finally I see gold in the scoop...a gold ear ring. Dadgum!!! Will I never find a gold ring??? About ten minutes later I see a gold ring trapped in the bottom of the scoop between the metal and the end of the wooden handle. My second gold ring of September. Well now I am feeling better.
Suddenly I see the lifeguard lady run down to the edge of the water and dropping her stuff. I look behind me and see a small boy floundering in the breakers. A nearby man with a body board went over and pulled him out of the rip current. I can see the boy is pretty exhausted. The lifeguard lady runs up and puts up two no swimming signs, defining the outer limits of the hole I am in. So out I come. I look down the beach a quarter mile and see another hole. This one is smaller but it gave me the big junk ring. Then a quarter mile further I get into a third hole and out pops the small wedding band.

Four and a half hours in the surf. $2.69 in change.

Sure glad to see a gold ring again!!
And another one finds its way into the scoop.
The gold for the day totaled 7.7 grams. A great day compared to what I have found lately.

No comments: