Monday, September 29, 2008

Yesterday I ran into a coin bonanza under one of the piers. $6.33 in just a couple of hours. But coins are not gold rings...and I did not feel that I was going to get a gold ring under the pier today so....off I went to Peat Beach. With the intentions of surf hunting and digging the peat. But alas, when I got there the hole was gone. I waded around for a while. Watched a guy with an Excaliber digging targets on the beach so up to the beach I go. It took me forever to find my first target, a penny. Then it seemed excruciatingly slow. The third target this gold ring rolls out.



Ran into guy named Gurney and he was complaining about the lack of targets. We traded detector stories for about twenty minutes and I finally got back to swinging...but today I was lazy and ended up leaving the beach after three hours. Only thirty targets in three hours.





Myrtle Beach has not gotten uncovered from all the sand that Hanna brought us. And there is no wind in sight. Maybe I will be under the pier tomorrow.


Lots of pelicans around the last couple of days. I love these big birds. You don't realize how big they are until are wading around in the water and one zooms by ten feet from you. I love to watch them crash dive into the sea and come up with a fish. Amazing birds.

No comments: