Sunday, December 14, 2008

Ants in the Pants......

The beach was soooo sanded in today. After an hour with a dime and a penny I decided to go to all metal. I cranked up the sensitivity and started digging trash. I was trying to keep track and somewhere around 23 or 24 targets I got confused....but at that point I only had four more coins for 23 or 24 targets. PI's or going all metal is great if you need stationary supplies like paper clips or staples. They're pretty good for finding sparkler wires or pieces of sand fence or if you need some nails.

I ran into Dick and he was just out for a walk. He was just getting over pneumonia. My dad died from pneumonia. I didn't mention it but only because I didn't think about it at the time.

I pointed out a hole in the surf down the beach. "Yep, I'm going to go change into my wetsuit and give it a try."

I got back to the VW and pulled out the still damp wetsuit. Amazing how a wetsuit can still be damp after four days in the backseat of a VW. I thought the VW smelled kind of gamy but I had a cold so I really couldn't tell.

Well the wetsuit was inside out and when I went to turn it right side out I ended up with ants all over my hand. "What the....!!!!" There were thousands of ants all over the outside leg of my wetsuit. I don't know if they hatched inside the VW or all the ants just decided to get together in my wetsuit.

I'll try that hole in the surf tomorrow.

No comments: