Friday, December 12, 2008

Luggies and gold rings.......

Well this morning my cold was a bit better so I went to the beach without drugs. I had the Dayquil in my pocket just in case but I didn't have any water to wash them down with so. It would take a real man to swallow two Dayquil without water.
10:00. Absolutely gorgeous day. As I walked on the beach I saw Rick swinging by and yelled at him. "Doin any good?"
"Two dimes."
We talked a bit and then we get to swinging. After an hour Rick was headed back my way and passed on the surf side. A minute later I got a midtone and out pops this little beauty.
I yell to Rick and he turns around to see me hold my hand up in the air. He comes back and checks it out.
Why is it that you think you really know something about beach detecting when this happens?
We get back to swinging and I run into a real nice couple and we start talking...and talking... and talking... and we pretty much solved all of America's problems right there. That had to be the longest I've ever just stopped and chatted with strangers. We probably talked close to an hour. They were really nice folks. I hope I run into them again.
Sometimes my head would stuff up and I would hold one hostril closed with my finger and blow a big lugie onto the beach. "Don't slip on that," I thought. Then I would blow the other side out.
After a couple of hours I headed for Subway to get a sandwich. Then I thought about a spot I have never beach hunted although I have surf hunted it quite a few times.
When I get there it looks interesting down near the low tide line but there was nothing. I headed up and found a spot with a few targets. I beat it up until it gave me this ring. Alrighty!!
Now I see a spot down the beach that looks interesting. Walked a good half mile and ended up with one penny in that section.
I took off my jacket. What a super day!! A few people trying to fly kites but there really wasn't enough wind. When I got back to the VW the thermometer said 61 degrees.
Here is the mess. $3.34 in change. The worlds largest fishing weight. Fishermen kill the fish by hitting them with that weight.
I can't wait for tomorrow. Just think what I could find if I get over this cold.

No comments: