Thursday, December 25, 2008

Santa came to MB.....

Dear Santa, I have been very, very good this year. Just ask Diana, she will tell you. Please, oh please bring me one more gold ring before the end of the year. Foiled Again Jim

Diana and I ran to the room where our stockings were hung with care and there...there were some great gifts. Next, Diana made cinnamon rolls and I squeezed oranges for breakfast.

We headed for the beach. Low sixties. The winter seagulls gathered in gangs. The large seagulls with the mottled grey-white, the laughing gulls and the black billed seagulls all mingling and talking about the nice weather. If only we could all get along like they do.

Pelicans, my favorite sea bird, flew north in loose flocks.

I found a spot with a few targets and told Diana I was going to beat that area before I moved on. She gave up shell collecting and headed down the beach at a brisk walk. I watched her go and smiled at how lucky I am.

Then I began gridding in earnest. Most of the targets were mid beach. I saw another detectorist in the distance...kind of looked like Charlie.

A potpouri of targets with plenty of pulltabs. At last low signal and a silver gray ring is visible in the sand.

I heft it and grin. I began my Thank You note to Santa in my head. I am looking for the 14K inside the band, with my not so young eyes, moving the ring to just the right distance.

Plat....


Dear Santa, you are the best!!

I swung down the beach to show Charlie the prize. We ended up talking a good twenty minutes.

Here is the Christmas day mess. A very nice mess.


When I got back to the camper I threw the ham in the oven and made scalloped potatos. Diana made the crescent rolls, dressing, deviled eggs, and cranberry sauce.

"Shall we eat on the picnic table?"

"Sure."

As we sat down we held hands and gave thanks for all that we have been blessed with. And then the mega meal began.

A two hour nap followed.

After I get this posted we will have pumpkin pie and whipped cream.

Merry Christmas to all!! Diana and Foiled Again Jim

BTW it got to 76 degrees today!!! Eeeehaaaa!!!!






No comments: