Sunday, November 16, 2008

No Gold Rings Today....but still a great day!!!

I knew I only had an hour and 45 minutes to hunt today. I needed to get home and put the meatloaf in the oven.

I headed for the same spot that has been producing. I've been coming onto the beach and walking north but today I walked out and there was a hole directly out front. The NW wind today had beat down the waves and the waves were less than six inches. 60 degrees and sunny. Wonderful conditions!!I jumped into the surf and started digging. The fourth signal was a nice foil sound. After digging through the shells I started pulling out this gold bracelet. Alright!!! I've been needing some gold with some weight to it. 14K.
Not a lot of targets but then again I was not out there very long. The bullet took me forever to corral. Thank goodness I put that mesh in the bottom of my scoop.
Explain can bottoms. Why is it that the sides and top disappear and the bottom is the only thing left?? Is it that some hateful engineer makes the bottom thicker? And every case that leaves the factory makes the engineer smile, knowing that you and I will eventually dig up some of those can bottoms.

No comments: