Friday, November 28, 2008

1911 $5 Gold Coin....

Well, I ate too much turkey and dressing and spinach souffle and .......and it makes my wetsuit too tight. "Diana, do I look fat in this wetsuit?"
Didn't know what to expect on the beach since I took yesterday off to eat and eat. But with no real wind I didn't expect anything good.

Stood at the top of the beach and could not see anything that looked holy. Turned on the detector and bam, there was a penny right there.

Headed into the surf and found a spot that might have been a tad lower. My fourth target sounded midtone and I always hold out hope when I hear this.

Up comes the scoop after three tries. Alright!@!! A gold necklace!! And look it has one of those coins in it. Looks gold....but it is probably a copy. At least that is what I thought out on the beach.


I have looked and looked and can not find copy on it anywhere. 1911 Five Dollar Gold Coin. So, if it is real...and I am starting to think it is...I did pretty good. No, not pretty good. Real Good.


I have to let this one sink in. It really hasn't hit me yet.

Here is the mess. 38 cents and a five dollar gold coin. Not many targets for three and a half hours in the surf.

I am not sure who to take it to have the coin verified. Maybe I will take it to the coin shop in town tomorrow morning.

1 comment:

Mental Notez said...

Ohhh can't wait to see what you find out about the coin! Congratulations!