Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Ring Daddy #103

Well it was another wonderful sunny fall day...mid 60's. I headed straight back to the same hole. The first and second signals I had to give up on, they were just too deep. Then I got the smallest of small signals. Only one little blip. I could not make it repeat. I switched to all metal and got the signal. Two scoops later I was staring at a gold ring in the bottom of the scoop. It happened way too fast.

This always gives me hope of having a double or triple ring day....but it was not to be. The ring is small; it will not even start to go on my pinkie but it is stout!! No markings but I suspect 10K. 6.8 grams.




This is the fifth gold ring out of this one hole. Sounds pretty incredible that there can be that many in one hole but I know that I have only been scratching the surface. The hole is too deep to work effectively without going scuba and then the viz would determine whether or not you could do any better. The viz at MB is usually less than a foot and many times less than 6". Imagine trying to fan targets in a closet with the door closed. Oh yeah, did I forget to say there is current running in the hole.

The hole is filling in and everyday I get less, not because I have found it all but because it is filling in. Here are the meager targets retrieved for three plus hours.

How many gold rings are in the surf at MB??

No comments: