Saturday, November 15, 2008

Ring Daddy #107....astounding!!

Today I headed back to the same spot I hit yesterday. The ocean was rough but the sandbar was doing a very nice job of breaking the waves before they got to me. The sandbar is my friend.
There were only a few targets in the first hole. I moved north and the next hole had a few more. I started to get that "it ain't gonna happen today" feeling.

I looked further north and it looked like there might be a very small hole that direction. Oh well, I jumped north again and found a small hole about the size of a bathroom. I get a target and scoop up a silver ring. Then within a couple of feet I get a nice midtone. Two scoops later I was looking down the barrel of my scoop and I am astounded. How can anything look better than a gold ring in a scoop??!!!

How can I still be astonished when I look in the scoop and see a gold ring? Is it that the gold ring is so out of place laying there among the shells...so totally gold...so totally beautiful??


And here is the mess. Had to use the flash so the pic isn't that good. Not many targets today. But you only need one.


I love the tunnel vision of my scoop with some gold in the bottom.

No comments: