Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Ring Daddy #110 and #111.....EeeeHaaaa!!!!

Well yesterday was a bust...my Excaliber went phitttttt, phittt, gargle, phit, gargle. The battery wire that I had welded came loose. Resoldered the wires and put a new connection on with new prongs. Tested it at the house and it seemed fine.

I was hungry for some real detecting. The day was sunny and 50's. NW wind that helped knock down some of the wave.
I jumped in the hole I found a couple of days ago and worked the Heck out of it. It wasn't that big and I just kept beating on the door. On the fourth pass over the same area I got one of those hmmm, not high, not low sounds. On the second scoop I waved the detector over the area and it nulled??? What the.... I turned the Sunspot scoop sideways to take a look before I dumped it. There it is!!! Man, what a beauty!! One of the best men's rings I have found in a long time.

After three hours of beating up a hole that was maybe 40' x 40' I thought of heading for the house and then a spot that has been good to me came into my head. I drove about 20 blocks north. When I walked out on the beach I was encouraged by what looked like a little bit of a hole exactly where I wanted it.

This spot is weird. I have never gotten very many targets here but even with a low target count I end up finding gold rings.

I walked into the surf and waded around fifteen or twenty minutes before I got my first nickel. The fourth target was this pretty ring.


The pic isn't great. The stones are dark red, ruby. The total targets for the second spot was five.

The last target was the piece of chaise lounge chair.

Here is the mess. $1.84 in change.

Those fishing weights that have the prongs on them ought to be outlawed. Talk about a good way to have a wire stuck in the bottom of your foot!! That fishing weight is on the right side of the picture.

Oh yeah, almost forgot. I did get one silver ring.


I feel like I live in a wetsuit this time of the year...but when I have a day like today I really don't care.

Diana and I are going to the Apache Campground Thanksgiving Dinner this evening. I'm a happy, hungry boy!!

No comments: