Monday, November 10, 2008

Ring Daddy #101 and 102.....

Yesterday was Diana's birthday so I didn't detect. Instead she and I went fishing on Apache Pier, the longest pier on the East Coast. This was Diana's first time fishing. Well, we found a good spot and set up and watched as several fishermen landed spots; a fiesty little fish that taste great. I managed to catch three before Diana got one. She was smiling from ear to ear. Then a bit later she got two spots at once. "I can't believe it, two friggin fish at the same time!" Ever fisherman within ear shot was laughing. We had a super time and ended up with 14 spots in about four hours. I can see where I will have to buy her a fishing rod and tackle box.
This morning I was back in the detecting mode. This time of year I start to feel like I live in a wetsuit. I headed back to the spot where I got #100 and the hole was still there. The waves were about the same as the last two times out but there was more current this morning. This hole is maybe, 30 yards by 30 yards. I just kept hammering it and got this nice tri-colored gold ring. It is not marked and is definitely a unique design. Maybe a custom made ring.
Half an hour later I got a nice soft signal.
Here is the mess. I picked up a couple of conch shells and a sea biscuit...I think that is what you call them. $2.83 in change.
What a beautiful morning!! Not a cloud in the sky. An orange butterfly flew by me quite a ways from shore. Why would a butterfly fly out over the ocean?? I guess for the same reason a man would wear a wetsuit and wade in the ocean. Just because.

No comments: