Monday, July 14, 2008

Ring Daddy 63 and some thoughts on old coins...

Bertha is still the major pain in my arse, bringing large swells from 500 miles away. I stood at the top of the beach and watched. Not too bad, I thought. I fired up the Excaliber and waded in. Before I got my first target I got slammed by a wave hard enough to knock my hat and headphones off. The last two days I saw waves of at least 8' in height smashing the sandbar. Today the largest wave was maybe 6'. So conditions are improving....I went back to the shallow area where I got some targets and there were more today. Here is the total mess. One Rusian coin...I think. $6.25 in coins.


After about an hour and a half this showed up in my scoop. 14K 7.8 grams.


What are your chances of finding a silver coin at MB? Well, I just tumbled a bunch of my quarters, nickels and dimes and took them to the bank. My receipt from the coin machine says I had 308 nickels, 536 dimes and 843 quarters. Out of this many coins, 1687 coins, I found one silver quarter. A well worn 1943.
I hunt the south end of MB most of the time. Phil Alexander tells me there are places to the north that are much better for finding old coins.
Part of the dismal silver results has to do with MB being renourished in 1997.
Have a super day!!! Foiled Again Jim

No comments: