Saturday, July 19, 2008

Tropical Depression brings more big waves and few finds..

Dadgum, I can't seem to get a break in the huge waves. Everyday for about the last week I have had huge waves, first from Bertha and now from this TD off the Carolina coast. Squally rain all day. Hit the surf....no...the surf hit me at about 1:00 today. Three hours later I gave up. Very few targets, all the holes seems to have new sand in them. At MB you need holes and you need conditions and I had neither.





This morning I noticed a crack in my scoop. Hope it hangs together until I can get it welded.


Reality is thinking that you are doing OK and then the window on your VW won't go up. I took it to Expensive Harry's and he said with a straight face that it would cost $395 to fix the window regulator. I now have tape over the switches that roll down the windows and it is Summer in MB. Of course my air conditioning does not work. Did I mention the headliner is loose and the lock on the drivers side does not work. I'm afraid to ask how much new locks are going to cost. Have you ever had a car with a headliner that actually stayed up?? I never have. Thumbtacks right.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, there's always tomorrow.

No comments: