Saturday, July 26, 2008

Ring Daddy #65...I now hold the World Record...



for the number of times that a person has had his headphones knocked off in four hours. Also, I now hold the World Record for the number of times my headphones were knocked off with my ears still in them.


It was a swell morning. Swells are the sneakiest of waves. The ocean will look that flat blue gray and suddenly the water will begin to rise and rise and rise to eight to ten feet and then the crest will blot out the sun before summersaulting in a perfect surfers curl with me in it. This usually brings out quite a crowd to watch. But that is where the signals are. I know them only as signals. Targets are things that you retrieve. Signals are just signals. One has to retrieve the signal for it to become a target.


Swells come in sets. Remember in high school math when we learned about sets. I missed that day. The ocean would be a gentle baby for approximately two minutes between sets. Two minutes gives you time to locate a signal in chest deep water and then plant your scoop in the sand. Then by some unknown scientific phenomena the set would arrive. This is where the beatings take place. Usually there would be three huge swells in a set. I named them crash, bash and smash. I would barely get one curse word out of my mouth before crash would hit me. As I came up for air it was bashes turn and then smash would finish me off.


I got stung by jellyfish twice this morning. Once on the wrist and once on the inside of my right knee. I don't recommend skinny dipping at MB. Oooowee would that hurt.


This would discourage some folks from metal detecting the surf. They might not have the vocabulary to be a surf hunter.


Here are the targets I retrieved. Amazing isn't it. How is it possible to retrieve targets with your eyes closed and your teeth clenched?? I don't know. It only took me four hours. Those who surf hunt MB will know where I was hunting by the number of keys. I always get a bunch of keys in front of this place.

Those who surf hunt MB....haha...what a hoot. No one surf hunts MB.


The watch is an Elgin. Not running. I thought Elgin's were supposed to be a pretty good watch.

Somewhere in the beatings I found this nice ring. One of the stones is missing.

1 comment:

SallyMaria said...

I saw a guy on tv that found a tv and a car! Your slacking! :)