Sunday, July 27, 2008

Ring Daddy #66....dodging lightning and butt beach...

If you hunt during a lightning storm you get quite a few more signals. I was out in the water by 7:10 this morning. The dolphins were arcing just past the breakers. I love seeing them. I was satisfied with the number of signals in the water when the sky blackened up and the rain came. And then the thunder reached my ears. This makes me a bit nervous in the water. A few more minutes and the life guards put up the red flags and I go find a lounge chair at the motel. Slowly things started to improve and I decided to do some wet sand hunting. Man is the beach sanded in. I did get a few coins in over an hour. Just after low tide the yellow flags came out. Back out I go. First I got a heavy silver ring and then another and then a tarnished gold looking ring and then a little twist wire ring. I held out little hope that the gold looking ring was real. 63 targets retrieved. $5.54 in change. Wish we had loonies and toonies.

You can tell I was out in front of the "Lost Key Motel". This morning an interesting phenomena took place. Cigarette butts lined up parallel to the low tide line on the mid beach. Hundreds of them...thousands. A delightful sight for all the tourist.


When I got home and started rinsing off my booty (my treasure) I took another look at tarnished goldie. Hmmmm. I took it in the house and hit it with a scruffy pad. Wow!! It is starting to look like something. I spun the scruffy inside the ring and suddenly there it was. 10K. Wonder how long this baby has been out there.

Happiness consist of living each day as if it were the first day of your honeymoon and the last day of your vacation. -Anon.

No comments: