Sunday, August 10, 2008

Danger...danger Will Robinson

Well, the surf detecting has been mediocre at best at MB. The waves have been about average painful but I cannot find a hole in the surf. Without a hole you might as well be detecting on Mars... where they found water. I wandered around and then finally headed back to where I got the two rings the other day. This is not a hole, rather it is a place where the sand might be a tad less but the shell layer seems higher. But I have beat this place to death...so I was not expecting much and that is pretty much what I got.
Its kind of a numbers game where I hunt. If I get more than 50 targets in 3-4 hours I am reasonably confident of running onto a gold ring. But lately I can't seem to find squat. So I was surprised by the silver ring and the gold ring. 25 targets, $1.25 in change. No dimes.
If only there were about a foot of sand out of this area I would clean up. Really surprised by this little 14K ring. 1.2 grams.


Danger Will Robinson...I loved that show. No jellyfish stings this morning. Anyways here are a few items that I have dug at MB in the last couple of days. The beach is slightly safer than when I showed up. Pat, pat, pat. I am patting myself on the back.


No comments: