Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Ring Daddy #81 and another day in the trenches

Headed back to where David Toller and I hunted yesterday. Today it seemed more filled in and I only got one silver ring out of the area. After a couple of hours I see Gene coming down the beach. We talk and he indicates he is still digging coins on the same line we have dug coins for a week. Coins and coins and no gold. Somehow that week of NE wind lined all the coins up about mid beach. I told him I was headed for the South end. I hate moving in mid low tide but I didn't feel confident I was going to get anything where I was. So off I go. When I take a look at the new spot I see....could it be???...somewhat of a hole. I jump in the water and at first things are slow but I start kicking more shells and rocks and suddenly I've got targets. Finally that foil sound comes into the headphones. Is it possible?? Please....please... I shake the shells in the scoop to the side and there is a small silver colored ring. I remember the foil sound so I am confident it is gold. 10K. Alright!!!

Here is the mess. 2 silver rings, $4.23 in change, a non ticking watch and a 1940 wheat penny.

The white gold ring is small, 2 grams.


Well, I know where I will start tomorrow morning.

No comments: