Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Ring Daddy #82,83,84, and 85

I hit the same spot I hit yesterday before I quit. I swear this is the only depression at MB. Gene ran all over and found one silver high school ring. But where I was, there were targets...not a huge number but enough to keep me interested. I got in the water and my detector started making occasional phitttt sounds. This had me really worried but not enough to mess with it. The beach crowd was pretty slim today. I think the MB numbers are way down from past years.
After an hour I get the big wedding band. Alright baby!!! It can only get better from here. Five minutes later I get a foil sound and was not disappointed...it was a very small gold ring. #2. Let's see if there is a number three in here. Two hours later I was still looking for #3, and I was tired and hungry and tired. I was just slogging along when I got a couple of targets and there was dark sand in my scoop. Good sign. The next target was one of those indescript sounds, neither high or low. Bam! #3 Not a great ring but it counts. Then three foot away I get almost the same sound. Bam again!! #4 This ring looks like it has alien eyes.
Here is the mess.



Here are the rings in the order that I found them. I also got a spinner ring.






Rings 84 and 85 are apparently a set...not a very good set but a set nonetheless. They don't fit together very well. Gene thought maybe I was missing a piece. Here they are together.


This was a great day, but I had to be exactly where I was or I would have ended up skunked.

One more photo.
No, one more. It is epoxy time again. I have worn the epoxy all off of one side of my coil. I've got a hell of a backswing.

Oh, when I do this usually I put tape around the outside edge of the coil to act as a dam and then fill it in with Marine Epoxy. Makes a little neater job.

No comments: