Friday, August 1, 2008

A dollar bill in my scoop....

Well I guess it was bound to happen....I pulled up my scoop and in amongst the shells was a one dollar bill. Cool. I hunted the same spot I found yesterday, just before the big waves ran me off. It started off kind of slow but then it seemed to pick up gradually. 70 targets in four hours. $5.02 in change but we have to add the paper dollar. $6.02



Somewhere in the second hour I ran across this big class ring. 10K, 19 grams.
I emailed Phil Alexander about how Bertha and the recent TD sanded in the beach. All we ever hear about is how a storm stripped all the sand off the beach and people take wheelbarrows down to the beach to pick up the gold. My experience has been that a large number of the storms sand in the beach or do very little to it. Phil remembers the good ol' days when Hugo and the Storm of the Century (March 13, 1993) took at least four feet of sand off the beach. Jason in Tenn. recounts how Ophelia gave him two great low tides before the sand came back in. I have never experienced a beneficial storm. Maybe someday.

No comments: