Thursday, August 7, 2008

Ring Daddy 70 & 71 and the Exploding Tumbler

Has anyone seen my rubber O ring that fits on my tumbler and holds the round lid in place? Yesterday I maybe put too much ammonia in with the coins. When I came home the coins were all over the picnic table with the lid but I cannot find the rubber O ring. Bummer. I looked all over the porch and the yard and even into the neighbors yard. It might still be going.
This morning I was in the water at ten till six. That is 5:50 for people who never get out of bed. Nice sunrise. I'd give it a 5. The spot I picked had nothing. Nada. I thought about a spot that had some targets a few days ago and walked/waded down the beach and sure enough the spot seemed even better than the last time. After my second target I stepped down into a hole and got a quarter signal. OK. I dig it and then there is another right next to the last quarter. After I pull the scoop to the side I check the hole and now I get a foil sound. Hmmm. I check the scoop and pull out the quarter. I love foil sounds. Two more scoops down and I get Ring Daddy #70. Later on I get a funky signal and when I pull the scoop up I see one of those infernal belly button things. It is just about to fall thru a hole when I stick my thumb on it. I wade up to the beach and dump the contents. I pick up the belly button dodad and swing back over the pile of shells. A dime. Two for one. Somewhere in the second hour I got Ring Daddy #71. Here's the mess.




This morning the waves were foot and a half to start with and gradually got larger as the session wore on. This is extremely good conditions at MB. Extremely good. It has been probably four or five weeks since I saw the ocean this cooperative. About 8:30 a little girl comes down to the low tide mark with her wave board and starts screaming a shrill, piercing, I'm being killed scream. Mind you the water has not touched her. The screaming went on and on without her ever getting wet. Some people call these screams; screams of delight. They make me grind my teeth. Then a large woman in a black bathing suit and a boy of about six or seven get into the waves. This boy pounds on the mothers bottom with his fist. She tries to ignor it. If I would have done that to my mother I would not be typing this.
Here's the two gold rings.








If you see my tumbler O ring give me a call.


No comments: