Sunday, August 17, 2008

Ring Daddy #76....The Mother of all Diamond Rings!!

Today was overcast and low 80's with some north wind. Great day to be on the beach. Another two weeks and the tourons will be gone, the kids will be back in school. It is with mixed feelings that I think about this as I swing down the beach. Where I started today I found a few targets and as I got further down the beach it flattened out and I went a good half mile without a signal. So I head back the way I came. I tried the surf here and there but there were no holes and without a hole...you might as well be swinging the sanded in beach. When I got back to where I started a few more signals started to wake me up. I grid intensely when it is like this. On one of the passes towards the top of the beach I got a small signal, a low sound. After two good scoops the gold ring came out. I grabbed it and put it quickly in my pouch. When I get to the water I wash it off. It can't be. There is no way....maybe....maybe...it's heavy enough. Here is a pic of all the stuff. Two silver rings and a few other trinkets and the Mother of all Diamond Rings!!
I am almost scared to think that it might be real. When I got home I could read the 14K but I needed to have the diamond tested.


The lady at Reeds Jewelers just smiled and I knew...I knew the truth...She poked all three diamonds without so much as a budge from the tester.

Oh well, there went my new car and paying for my daughters college education.

No comments: