Thursday, August 21, 2008

Ring Daddy # 77 and 78....Thanks Fay

Thanks Fay for eroding the top of the beach and pulling all the sand down and covering up the lower beach and the surf area. I really do not like hunting the top of the beach. Usually I find a million coins and after I have fallen down from exhuaustion digging coins I go to the house. I hate the upper beach. I'm talking the upper wet beach, not the dry sand area. At 4:30 AM I was on the beach with an old Sov. It didn't want to work and after messing with it for 45 minutes I took it back to the house and got the Excaliber with the little, itty bitty, 7-1/4" coil. I hate swinging this on the beach because it has no coverage. So I am in an ill mood. Foul mood. Don't get in my way mood. My first target back is a low tone. Grumble, rotten, no good...grumble...what the heck?!! It's a gold ring!! I can't believe it. No way!! I'm digging coins and soon I get another low tone. Maybe. Yep, it is. I can't see it because the sun is not up yet but it looks nice.
Here is the mess from the "I hate the upper beach" hunt. $5.93 and two gold rings.
Here is the first gold ring. 10K 1.4 grams
Here is the second. It's a looker. 14K 3 grams

No comments: