Monday, August 11, 2008

Ring Daddy 73 and 74 and going thru withdrawl...

OK...it doesn't work. Once again I beat the odds badly. I really doesn't make sense. I am not finding a good hole or a lot of targets and yet somehow I got my coil over two gold rings. Oh well, I'll take em.
I am going through withdrawl. I did not get jellyfish stung yesterday or today. Where's the tentacle venom when you need it? Maybe tomorrow I will get stung and get back into the swing of things.
Some of these targets came off the beach. I was quite a ways from my bicycle when I quit the water scene. Swinging the beach with my 8" coil makes me feel inadequate. Especially when most guys are swinging 10"ers and some are even swinging 12"ers. There is a rumor of a guy or two having 15"ers but I would think that would scare most folks. Actually mine only measures 7-1/4".
But the 7-1/4" went over the second gold ring of the day on the beach. This is only the second gold ring I have found on the beach this year. All of the others were found in the water. 54 targets retrieved. $2.32

I really hate not having a bigger coil for the times when I go from the water to the beach.
Anyways I ran across something that I feel bad about. We go about our lives, day in and day out and we rarely think about the men and women in Afghanistan or Iraq. It really doesn't come home until you find one of these.
The second line says, "KIA Mandrigal, Afghanistan 25 Jan 2008"
I would like to get this back to his wife or girlfriend. I would appreciate any help you might be able to give me on this. Thanks.
Here are the two gold rings of the day.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi,
That bracelet you found was for my brother, Rob Miller, killed in Afghanistan. Rob wasn't married but we are pretty sure that the bracelet belongs to one of his teammates. They were only made up for his team and immediate family. We are still in touch with his team. Is there an email address or something where we can get in touch with you?