Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Ring Daddy #75....a beach find.

Rain and rain and rain. Today the wind was out of the NE, fairly hard, bringing on some whitecaps and fair size waves. The jellyfish flags were flying at the lifeguard stands and the lifeguards had taken refuge in the boxes...The boxes are for storing all the chairs and umbrellas and misc. lifeguard stuff. But today they also held the lifeguards. They have an opening on the front so they can look out at the empty beach and ocean. A good steady rain with increasing rain falling back to steady kept everyone off the beach except for some whacko with a metal detector. I decided to swing the beach today, I just wasn't in the mood to get beat up in the surf. I headed down the beach with gray enthusiasm to match the gray day. I detect the beach as last resort. Oh well, here's a few coins and some pulltabs and...I scoop out a signal and there laying just visible is my gold ring. Alrighty!!! Now I have reved up enthusiasm. After about 3/4 of a mile I run out of targets and head back. I keep wandering down to the low tide line and finally a wave bangs my scoop into my Achilles tendon. Dadgum, that smarts. I decide to rename my scoop the ATC....Achilles Tendon Cutter. Halfway back I get a nickel signal and out pops a nickel. Then there is a nickel signal next to that one. Two scoops later and I think I have gold ring #2 for the day. I am a happy camper!! Here is the mess.


Ah, but something is amiss. I have this nagging doubt about #2. It just doesn't feel right.
After riding my bike home I grab the magnifying glass. Yep, Titanium. Grrr.

Here is the Real McCoy!!


No comments: