Saturday, August 23, 2008

Ring Daddy #79 and too many pennies!!

Well the NE winds continue to blow...and move sand around...but not necessarily for the better. Last night I found a spot with targets just above the low tide line and found a mess of coins and one titanium ring. At 4:35 this morning I was back at it. Coins in the same area. Coins and coins and coins and finally one silver ring. After two and a half hours of digging coins, mostly pennies I needed a change. There was a shallow trough I hit last night and decided to hunt just above it. At last a gold ring. This one was one of the deepest gold rings I have found with a Minelab. I was real surprised when it rolled out of the sand. Not a particularly big ring either. $5.85 in change. One James Monroe dollar coin. That is the second one I've found this year. 45 pennies.

113 targets retrieved this morning before breakfast. I am going to estimate that I have found over three hundred targets since I found the gold rings on Thursday morning. Do we earn our gold or what!!
I did check the water this morning. It was definitely colder than a few days ago. There was still way too much current running down the beach to hunt it. Most of the surf area was mushy but I did drop into a hole, chin deep, that was smooth and immediately got a target but the current made it impossible to retrieve. There has got to be some holes out there after all this wind.

No comments: